Business storage can provide great value for businesses of any size. While most people only think of self storage units as something to use in order to help keep their homes de-cluttered, business self storage units accomplish the same thing only for a business. Using a Gladwin Self Storage unit can provide a cheap self storage solution in Ottawa for seasonal inventory, or as a central depot for materials that will be required. Gladwin’s self storage units feature large doors and high ceilings, making it easier to organize with shelving.Free up that expensive retail or office space with a storage unit from Gladwin Self Storage for Ottawa’s best price in self storage!
Self storage, like most things, is something that you never think of until the moment you need it. Some quick tips on selecting the right storage facility for you are below.
Before selecting a self storage, think about the location, how frequently you will need to access the unit, and how much space you will need. Remember you can stack right to the ceiling, so efficient packing can save you space.
Be sure to store safely. It’s a good precaution to store all your items in boxes, and preferably of like sizes to maximize the space. Better yet, pack your items in standard containers, which will allow you to get a larger quantity in the unit.
Organize your storage unit, with items that you will need more frequently up front, with the items requiring less access in the back. Try to keep the heavier items on the bottom to avoid crushed items, or potentially falling boxes.
Gladwin Self Storage offers a range of storage unit sizes for any of your needs. Sladwin also features the most common moving and packing supplies, including boxes to maximize your space!
A common belief is that people only use self storage for the times when you are moving and need some temporary space. This is only one of the many reasons that people are using these warehouses. Self storages actually provide a great resource for on –demand space, and provide a low cost alternative to clutter!
Storage for Business
Small business owners use self storage for excess inventory and supplies as well as a central location for their teams to access materials. With Gladwin Self Storage providing a secure, 24-hour accessible space it is ideal for a construction trades that need to load up early and often with materials for the jobsite.
Storage for Home Users
People are commonly using self storage or mini storage units as an extension of their home, to store items that just don’t have a place in their house, however are intermittently useful. Shovels or rakes, and other maintenance equipment all take up valuable real estate when you are trying to make use of precious garage space.
Using storage for its convenience has brought that to the self storage industry and in the process has made it possible for tenants to store as much or as little as they want. Self storage units are more and more being used as a secured locker – where users are storing kayaks, fishing gear and other sporting equipment to be available whenever required, and not just for seasonal items. Whatever your use Gladwin Self Storage has space for you!
See www.gladwinselfstorage.com for more information on storage units, and Ottawa’s Low Price Guarantee for self storage!
It’s January, and those Christmas decorations need to come down. Do you really want to tie up a closet, attic, or corner of your garage for another year with boxes of ornaments, decorations, and your collection pre-lit Christmas trees?
Make a pre-emptive strike on clutter with a self storage unit for off-site storage of those once-a-year decorations. Use these tips to keep your seasonal decorations safely stored and organized in mini storage units. Here are 10 tips for storing holiday decorations:
1) Take some Pictures – before taking apart any items that will need to be reassembled take a few pictures to help you to put them back together, it will be a year since anyone had seen them last, so the prompt of what it needs to look like will help out.
2) Christmas lights – untangling a knot of Christmas lights is not fun, and they can be damaged if stored improperly. Cut a rectangle out of a cardboard box, and cut a slit into one side. Slide one end of the Christmas tree lights into the slit and wrap the for a nice, easy wrap.
3) Match the box to the item – this sounds easy enough, however many Christmas decorations can lose their shape if they are packed too tightly. Make sure that the wreath actually fits in its box
4) Delicate items - use an egg carton and tissue paper to protect delicate ornaments if their original boxes are unavailable
5) Use clear plastic totes - if you rent a storage unit to hold all of your holiday decorations, you’ll want to be able to easily identify which containers have the Christmas gear. Using clear plastic totes and make sure that you put some left over wrapping paper where it will be visible in the tote for easy identification
6) Use a Christmas Tree Bag for the Artificial Tree – aside from potentially flattering your tree, a Christmas tree bag will save you from the pain of trying to get the artificial tree back into the box that it came out of
7) Label your Totes - number the boxes so that you’ll know how many you have (i.e. Box 1 of 12). Labeling the boxes this way, also lets you order them according to how they should be unpacked.
8) Window Clings - place window clings back on the sheets that they came off of, this will keep them flat and ready for reuse.
9) Remove batteries before storing - at the end of the season, take the time to remove batteries before returning items into storage. They will likely die and corrode, and they can likely be used in something else.
10) Christmas ornaments – best bet is to put them back into the box that they came out of. Don’t have the packaging? A quick wrap with packing paper and clear plastic totes will have them ready for next year. Avoid overpacking however or your may have a nicely packed tote full of shrapnel next year.
Buying totes that are uniform in size and shape will make organizing easier, and more efficient - and have your Christmas gear ready for use next year.
www.gladwinselfstorage.com - Ottawa low price leader in self storage!
Gladwin Self Storage is conveniently located on Gladwin Crescent in the heart of Ottawa’s East end. With easy access to Highway 417 off of Inness Rd. or St. Laurent Blvd. Gladwin Self Storage is a short drive from anywhere in Ottawa!
2221 Gladwin Crescent
Ottawa, ON K1B 4K9
Just 2 km from the Queensway (Hwy 417) at St. Laurent Blvd.
Canada Science and Technology Museum: 0.6 km, or 1 min.
Ottawa Athletics Club: 1 km, or 2 min.
Ottawa Train Yards Shopping Centre: 3 km, or 5 min.
St. Laurent Shopping Centre: 3 km, or 5 min.
Ottawa Baseball Stadium: 5 km, or 7 min.
Parliament Hill, Ottawa: 8 km, or 10 min.
Orleans, Ottawa: 14 km, or 12 min.
Ray Friel Centre: 18 km, or 17 min.
Scotiabank Place: 32 km, or 23 min.
Gate access to your storage unit 24 hours, 365 days a year!
Office Hours (for assistance, boxes and unit reservations)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 3:00 pm
Gladwin Self Storage features an electronic gate system with only a single entry / exit, which can only be opened by a security code that is assigned to each tenant. The code allows us to monitor who is entering and exiting the facility. With this, you have secure, 24-hour access to your self storage unit!
Do you charge when I need to access my storage unit?
We offer unlimited access to your items, so you can add or remove items from your storage room whenever you require free of charge.
Renovating, looking for moving storage, or just need more space? Whether you are downsizing, travelling for an extended period or clearing out the garage, Gladwin Self Storage can help with your personal storage. See our Self Storage Unit Size Guide for details on of our mini storage unit sizes.
Ideal for storing business records, seasonal décor or additional inventory, we offer safe, flexible and cost effective commercial self storage services for your business. Use Gladwin Self Storage to free your premium retail or office space, and take only as much space as you need with our short term storage rentals. We have large units available that you can use as a mini warehouse storage, see our Self Storage Unit Size Guide for details.
Ottawa Low Price Guarantee Self Storage!